Medicine River Wildlife Centre is dedicated to honouring our donors by making the absolute best use of every dollar donated. We look for items at reduced costs, search out free items, ask for charitable rates and adhere to the Ethical Fundraising and Financial Accountability Code.
Operating expenses including staffing, medical supplies, feed, and proper caging are supported by donations, casinos, fundraisers, bequests, and grants. Many individuals and corporations support the Centre with their donations. Others volunteer their time and expertise.
The MRWC provides a vital service to the community and the environment. The Centre is a registered charity and your donations are tax deductible.
If you can help us with a donation of any form, we have several options available:
- Monetary donation - we accept cash, cheque, money order, visa, mastercard, online through paypal, and through CanadaHelps
- Ongoing monthly donations can also be set up - you can send in credit card info, postdated cheques, or go through CanadaHelps
- Sponsorship - pick and choose which program or item you would like to support
- Contribute to one of our ongoing fundraisers
- Volunteer your time
- Donate a Car
- Leave a Legacy
- Venture Philanthropy
- Create your own fundraising event for us
All donors will receive a tax receipt for their donation of $10 or more.
Visit our Donor Appreciation Menu for recognition categories and options.
Visit our Supporters to view contributors over the past year.
Another reason to donate...
Alberta has one of the highest charitable tax credits in Canada. The provincial tax credit was enhanced a few years ago to help increase private charitable donations to Alberta’s nonprofit and charitable sector. When an individual Albertan files their personal income tax, they total up all their charitable donations during a calendar year. They may be eligible to receive a combined 50% non-refundable tax credit on the total of donations made above the $200 threshold. Donations below the $200 threshold continue to receive a combined tax credit of 25%.